Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lucky Plaza toilet entry on Sunday

In Singapore, the foreign workers from different entices group will have their regular meeting place every Sunday. Burmese will meet at Penisular Plaza; Indian will meet at Serangoon Road Little India; Thai national will meet at Golden Mile Tower at Beach Road; while Phillipines will meet at Lucky Plaza.

Lucky Plaza is crowded with Philiphines on every Sunday. Almost all those domestic workers who can rest on Sunday will come to Lucky Plaza to meet friends for lunch, remitten of money, visit the tropical phillipines provision store, cut hair, manicure, padicure, even picnic along Orchard Road.

Every Sunday, the lady toilets have long queue because of the crowd. All shopkeepers have to follow in the long queue , causes the shopkeepers lots of inconvinences. Finally, from last Sunday, the building management specially made the second floor toilet solely for the pass holders only. It is a good change, and it is welcome by all the shopkeepers because the queue is short and the toilet is cleaner.

The management put up a sign shown that strictly for toilet pass holders only. And the security gurard was there to guard the entry too.

Today, after I have finished the padicure, I hold the backet of dirty water headed to toilet without the pass. The lady security gurard whom I never seen before said to me, "Withoug pass? You go back to take your pass!" I told her I won't go to the toilet then, I just want to throw the water into the basin which is outside the toilet. I felt she was unreasonable and unpassionate, doesn't the purpose of the closure to the public is to convinence the shopkeeper? Hence I insisted my way to the basin to clean up the backet.

She followed me and raised her voice, "I don't care, my management told me to see the pass, without the pass you can not enter! What you want? You want me to call my big boss here to talk to you." I felt so agnoring, I said,"Can't you see I am the worker here? If you need the pass to get in the toilet, I can don't go into the toilet now, I just want to clean up my backet!"

After almost 40 minutes later that afternoon, we all heard the big boss which the security guard referring to, shouted loudly across the corridor to another fellow security guard, "I don't want to hear sorry, you just do what I tell you to do!............"

Anyway, I returned to the toilet with the pass later.

I think nowadays everyone is under tremendous pressure in work and in life.

No comments: