Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dr Goh Keng Swee

Last Sunday (16 May 2010), I went to 48A Dunbar Walk to give my last tribute to Dr Goh Keng Swee. I have known Dr Goh from Chinese Newspaper since young. My impression is he is the only minister that can run the office from Finance to Defence and then to Education. But after his retirement, we can't find a single news about him from the Newspaper. That's has kept me from wondering what happen to our great leader for years since I was 21. When I heard about him again, it was the departure time.

I was very touch and tearful when I read the stories and the contributions he had made for Singapore. When I asked my younger friends now, actually not many youngster know about him. After I have read the newspaper report about his life contributions to Singapore, I think our social study or morale study should include the introduction of Dr Goh's words and life, so that our new generation will learn the spirit and the passion of Dr Goh. Don't let his legendary legacy die with him.

Dr Goh, I want to solute you, you are our nation's treasure. Thank you.

1 comment:

kelly said...

My maternal grandpa used to write to Dr. Goh over many matters of which I was not sure (like a pen-pal). He will always be a legend for Singapore.