Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Black colour

Some people think black is elegant, nice and classic but I noticed that some older people here hate black, especially people wear top and bottom all black. When I was young, my mother prohibited me from wearing black, until I was 35 years old, I still follow the rule of not wearing black. In my closet, you can't find a single black. I also thought black is not suitable for me because my skin colour tone is brownish.

After I have baptise with Christ, I told myself not to believe black associate with bad luck like what the old people think. I started to wear black. It is very convenience, you no need to worry about stain. I felt very comfortable wearing them.

Then, few years ago, there was one old lady from the old age home scolded me when I showed the staff there the demonstration of a system. She was very unhappy. She scolded in her own language, but I knew she referred to my black dress.

Few days ago, there was an old man chatting with me in front of the shop. He said this is a good system, if the people realised the difference, people will buy. Then, he pointed that I should not wear the black here. Well, he did not elaborate further. Since he is an elderly man who just out from hospital treating his blockage in urine system. I believed he associated black with dead. Black is a deadly colour.

OK, I will change, because this is the second time I heard the comments. They must have meaning in it. If I wear black, I will wear a colour jacket outside.

No comments: