Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Coincident?

I have left a stalk of old newspaper in the hall for more than a month. (I have kept the newspaper in the balcony for almost a year without realise it. I cleaned up the balcony, so I move them to the hall) I thought I wanted to go though one by one before I sell them to the karang guni. But then, I was busy, so the newspaper remain untouch on the floor. They are scattled around in my hall, my friend visited me last Sunday said my house a bit messy, my son told me even my tenants complaint our house is getting messy. I immediately told my son don't worry, I will be selling them to the Karang guni the next day.

This morning when I woke up, the rain poured at 10am. I thought today I am going to break my promise because Karang Guni probably won't turn up on rainy day.

After I settled my son's dinner at night, we sat down to watch C.S.I. together. I was sitting on the rocking chair, I thought I must well go though the newspaper since I was free now. I just picked any one and read. You know what? My friend Sungis's news was written in the newspaper that I am holding. I felt quite amused. I looked at the date, it was the 730 week's Friday Weekly for period 24/3/06 - 30/3/06. I don't remember where have I picked up the newspaper from? Because this date I was still in Taiwan.

The newspaper mentioned that Sungis past away on 7th March 2006 in Beijin, China, he was 43 years old.

When I worked in Sim Lim Square, Sungis had visited our shop a few times (he was the only classmate that visited the shop) and we have bumped into each other in Singapore at least twice considering I hardly bumped into any other classmate, we are quite fated to meet up. In fact, I have seen his wife in Orchard MRT just two months ago, I didn't call her because she was with a few other girls and I was wondering she must be working in Orchard Road. I didn't know he was no longer with us any more.

Sungis, we will never forget you! We will always remember you!

No comments: