Friday, November 16, 2007

The 2 months events

Time flies, today is already 15 Nov 2007, I have not updated my blog for more than 2 months. I felt like I am a total stranger to the blog.

When I have the financial tension, I don't blog. Prior to and during my children's exam period, I also don't have the desire to blog. My girl just finished her retest on maths today, I feel a bit released now, so I thought I can start to blog again. The pressure we face everyday cannot be felt, cannot be measured, cannot be seen, but it is there.

Two months plus actually a lot of happening! The company that selling the water filter felt the pressure of the rental of the shop at People's Park, after the fail negotiation with the shop owner, they decided to terminate the lease and let the seven thousand dollors be forfeited. They will carry on their business through referal and servicing. Well, they will not have the burder of the monthly rental, telephone bill, car park fees. It is not easy to run business in Singapore! You need to have money to earn more money!

I came to know the news of termination of the lease only on 28 Aug 07, the lease will end in three days time, 31 Aug 07. You will think that I felt sad for the happening, frankly not really. I see the termination as grace from God. Let me explain this.

In mid Aug 07, I have received an invitation letter from our church to invite my daughter and I to attend the confirmation course. I wanted to go for the course, but I can not figure out how to attend the course, because the course is conducted every Saturday afternoon from 2.30 t0 4.30pm. I don't have any one to release me from the work, because I need to open the shop in the shopping mall every day and I am alone doing the job. I pray to God that help me to find a way to go for the course.

I will miss the course for the 4th time if I can't join this time. The first time I missed because the confirmation course was too near to the Baptism. The second and the third time I was away from home. The course suppose to start on 1st Sept 07. Now I no need to worry how I could join the confirmation course. God has made the perfect arrangement for me to join the confirmation course!

I must confess that when I received the invitation letter, I immediately thought my girl will not join the course. One day, I heard God said to me, "You always have this problem! You didn't ask her, how do you know she won't go?" I immediately realised my mistake, and I was shocked that my girl agreed to go for the confirmation course without second thought.

We went through the confirmation course, and finally we have our confirmation on 4 Nov 07.

Come back to my work, I went back to be a full time manicurist again in Sept 07. The salon also has changes. The salon's rental has been up additional S$1000/-, they split their partnership in
end Oct 07. It is a sour separation, too bad for the 4 years of partnership.

I had also taken up eyebrown embroidery art class. I love what I have learned. I hope the new skill will help me to earn additional income in future.

My boy scored quite well for his Chinese, but fail all the other subjects, science, maths, and English. He went on to Primary 4 next year. I wish he will improve further next year.

No comments: