Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Is this a Internet Scam?

I have received a strange email. I don't know did they do it for fun or the letter was sent to wrong address. But I do reply her.

Greetings from Mrs. Lee,

After going through your profile through internet
i decided to contact you for friendship and assistace for distribution of my
inherentance.My name is Mrs. Lee; I am a dying woman who has decided to
donate what I have to you/ church. I am 59 years old and I was diagnosed for
cancer for about 2 years ago, immediately after the death of my husband, who has
left me everything he worked for. I have been touched by God to donate from what
I have inherited from my late husband to you/church for the good work of God,
rather than allow my relatives to use my husband hard earned funds ungodly.
Please pray that the good Lord forgive me my sins. I have asked God to forgive
me and I believe he has because He is a merciful God.

I will be going in for an operation in the next 2 weeks from now. I decided to WILL/donate the sum of $2,500,000 (two million five hundred thousand dollars) to you for the good work of the lord, and also to help the motherless and less privilege and also for the assistance of the widows.At the moment I cannot take any telephone calls right now due to the fact that my husband's relatives are around me and my health status.

I have adjusted my WILL and my lawyer is aware I have changed my
will you and he will arrange the transfer of the funds from my account to you. I
wish you all the best and may the good Lord bless you abundantly, and please use
the funds well and always extend the good work to others. I have contacted my
legal consultant and tell him that I have WILLED ($2,500,000.00) to you and I
have also notified him that I am WILLING that amount to you for a specific and
good work.

I know I don÷Ö know you but I have been directed to do this. Thanks
and God bless. I will directive you further after hearing from you. NB: I will
appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is
accomplished as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish. And
Also I will be contacting with you by email as I don't want my husband relation
or anybody to know because they are always around me. Reply me through this my
most private email : (xxxxxx@xxxx.com.hk)

Regards, Lee (Mrs.)

I wrote back some how.


I don't know who are you. Since you are going for operation in 2 weeks time, I am sure the doctor see that the operation can help you improve your
condition, and help to save your life, so he suggested to you to go through this operation.

You will get well. 59 years old is not too old. Our Primeminister said the average people can live till 85 years old or more now.

You will alive if you want to live and has the desire to live. God will help those who want to live and has strong desire to live.

Since financial is not a problem to you, why not you buy our Piwater Energized Filtration System. Piwater might able to save your life and improve your health conditions.

God will be with you and may you find peace with God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear sisterj,

Yes. It is. It's called 419 Fraud or Nigerian Scam. He will use many lies to persuade you to pay him a large sum of money promising you an even larger sum of money. I receive hundreds of such emails in my spam mail box every month.

I am building a sg complaint site. if you encounter any suspicious offers, dishonest companies, bad services, please post your experience on TheLocalKing.com to alert others. Thank you.

Jian Fong
TheLocalKing.com