Friday, December 7, 2007

Match Making

I am trying to be a match maker for two 38 years old boy and girl.

One evening, I met this 38 years old boy (I considered he is a boy since he is not married yet ), who I know superficially at Orchard MRT station, he was holding a book while he was waiting, he was heading home. This is the first time we chat because we are busy at work every time we met. You know what book he read, he was reading encyciopedia! He was a drop out form the university, science stream. He was staying with his mum in a 5 room point block. He has purchased a 3 room flat at S$185000, the flat was rented out at S$800/-, and he has left S$45000 not clear yet. He used to work and earn about S$3500/month, but it is hard work, so, he change his job, and he is earning less now, about S$2500/- month. He has to pay for maid he hire for his mother, and responsible for the PUB bill and telephone bill at home. I asked him, why don't you get married. He said he was scared because he has many friends who got married, out of 10 couple, 8 were separated or divorced. ( that really sound scarly) He has one childhood friend in courtship for 10 years, when they got married, 6 of the childhood friends joined together to present the couple with a S$1000/- sound system as blessing, you guess what? The marriage only last for 1 year. What a disapointed relationship!

My girl friend is a Malaysian girl, she works in a factory for 18 years, although she didn't even graduated from primary school, but she managed to earn her PR in Singapore. She has acquired the knownledge on hair cutting, facial, and make up. She lost faith in relationship, so she has an empty love life for the past years. She doesn't really like reading.

I am going to match make these 2 people. I am not sure the possibility of successfull rate, becasue this girl hate people who smoke, drink and gamble. I am not sure of the gambling, but I know this man do smoke and drink. He told me, his mother said to others, " If my son don't drink, he already purchase at least 2 private properties." I can imagine, what a waste! Any way, I advice her to be realistic, good man already snap by others, or rather most good man already someone's husband. Unless she want to be alone for the rest of her life?

If the time is right, if the God is blessing, any miracle can happen right. Any way, Singapore need busy body like me to give chance to these thiry something. Will see.

No comments: