Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dress Code

Yesterday, the discipline head called me at 8.30am to complain that my girl refused to corporate by removing the stitches of the dress, so that the dress can extend another inch. I talked to my girl, she was complaining that she was discriminated because in this school, there are other girls dress also very short, they also never catch them. Why only her? "Because they are short, and I am tall..." I think what she meant is short people wear short skirt, you don't feel much, but a tall person wear short skirt, it is obvious, because they have long leg. I pasted the message to the discipline head. She said, "Just like a theft was caught by the police, you can not ask the police, why you did not go to catch other people, but me!" She continue,"we have set certain rules and regulations, and we expect our pupils to obey it." " We don't allow you do what you like!............"
As a parent, frankly I was more concern what in the hell she wasn't allow to be in the class to learn her lesson, but stuck at this discipline hall! Furthermore, I felt humiliated if I was asked to remove the stitches immediately. She said, the form teacher has already gave a lot of warning, but nothing he can do. Finally, I requested the displine head to allow the girl go back to the class for lesson, and I will do the unstitching at home when she back home.

I almost forgotten my promise to the head. I almost went to sleep without doing that. I got up from my bed to look for that dress. I think my girl tried to hind it so that I will not do it. I found it some how. In fact, I think my girl will be just as sweet even the dress is 1" longer. Why waste the energy to fight with the authority? When you are not in your uniform, you can put on you hot pant, when you are in school just comply their rule, what's wrong.

On the other thought, if it is sin for the girl to dress shorter dress (not near to knee cap), then, why let all girls put on their PE shorts, they still show their long leg right. Why don't the school insist that all girls has to wear long pants for the PE lesson. A bit conflicting, right.

Frankly, nowadays, I give a lot of liberty to my girl. I let her buy her own clothes. She knows what she want, she observes the trend and style for her age group. I think she has good taste, at least better than me. I am glad she is independent and know her staff herself.

No comments: