Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hi, stranger

People's Park Centre is considered an old shopping mall in Singapore. Ever since ChinaTown MRT station was built just next to it, this mall was given its second life again. 1/4 of the mall are travel agencies. The luggage shops and the money changer's business are booming here.

Our shop are third unit apart from the main entrance, at the junction of the main hall. People like to stop by at our shop and ask me for directions. The most popular place people asked are "where is the 4D shop?", the second most popular place here is "Golden Dragon accessories shop", the third question is "this place is People's Park Complex or People's Park Centre?"

I have been there for 40 days by today. One day, one lady came to me and show me the crystal bracelet she had just bought for S$288/- and asked my opinions whether it is nice? She told me after she had gone through the divorce, her life is down. She bought this crystal for blessing her good luck. She bought it because she has just sold away one gold chain for S$1100/-, so she took out S$288 to exchange for this bracelet. She also wore a "Fu" and a seven"chi", combine together, they sound like "Fu Chi". She feels very good about it.

Another old lady came to me and ask me to let her rest for a while. She was a lady closed to 70 years old. She come here to practice her Cantonese WyYang. She played the tape for me and asked my opinions whether her voice is nice. Actually, she sound like 30 in the tape. Then, she told me her second son had a girl friend just jerk him. All because his boy never care much about the girl feeling. In one incident, he bought his subordinate and her baby girl for a ice cream session (he inform his girl friend for it), another time, when he was traveling to China, in front of his girl friend, he told the subordinate he is going to buy a genus Prata handbag for her, then, he turned to his girl friend and tease her that he is going to buy a imitation Prata handbag for her. I am sure there were many more occasions that "break" the girl friend's heart. She said she tried to talk to the girl and talk her around. Her son also talk to the girl for hours and for months, apology to her, and send her flowers, but she was still considering because she said she had no confident. Although her son is not that good looking, but he is a good boy, and he is rich. If he marry, his father is going to help him to buy a condo or apartment. She said she felt like scolding the girl, " don't hand yourself up to sell" " You are not young anymore, girl after 30, you think every times has one good man like my son waiting for you!" She asked me at least three times, "do you think they have chance for reconciliation?" I wish I am a witch able to see the future for them and give her a solution. Nowadays, I believed some times when you lose now might be a gain or blessing later. Follow your heart, may be there are some things better are waiting for you after all the problems.

Hi stranger, I hope you find peace after talking to me.

No comments: