Thursday, August 23, 2007

Greenfarm in Taiwan

Today I installed skype at my work place. I am happy to see one of my old friend from Taiwan is on the line. I have not been contacted them since last Aug 2006. I plug the ear phone and say hello to my old friend.

He is a creative business man. His father in law has a piece of land in Chu Thong. His father in law has been farming organic vegetable for 7-8 years. Last year, he suggested to them since he already a experts in farming, why not he just become a teacher and make the land available for people living in the city to come here during the weekend and become a farmer themselves and grow their own organic vegetables. It will provide a great recreation activities for the urban family, and his father in law can gradually retired from the hard work.

His father in law accepted the suggestion, so they rent out the land to people who are interested to grow their own organic vegetables. They divided the land to 200 ploy, people interested has to rent minimum 6 months. This place is about one hour drive from city. Children can cycling around, picnic and babecue. They can temperary leave the urban life and go to the nature.

If you are visiting Taiwan and you are interested to experience the farm life, you could try this place. Their website is : http://www.greenfarm.com.tw/

No comments: