Thursday, August 2, 2007

Instant Porridge

When my children not feeling well, I usually cook porridge for them. The starch like porridge seems to have a special healing power. Their body heat will almost drop to normal instantly when they finish the porridge. My method are as follow.

1) Steam the rice
2) Put the rice into the boiling water
3) Add about 4 pcs of dry oyster to enhance the sweetness of the porridge
4) Add the ikan bily or the fresh cut fish into the water
5) You may put some peanuts from the can
6) Add some sesame oil and light source when it is almost ready
7) Add pepper when it is ready to serve

But when my children are well, they would prefer the instant porridge from Maggi. In fact, it is easier for me to prepare from the instant porridge. I just need to boil it with water, add one stir egg and sesame oil. Add pepper when it is ready to serve. It cost S$1/-per packet. It is convenient for a busy mother like me.

Stop shaking your head!!! If you think you have a better idea, share with me your recipe please. P...l...e...a...s...e!!!









No comments: