Monday, June 25, 2007

I am tuitor for my son

Yesterday, was the last day of the June holidays. We were struggling for the last minute work on the June holiday assignment. He was doing maths. I taught him odd no, and even no. I taught him 1,3,5,7,9 is odd no and 2,4,6,8,10 is even no. You can divide the number with 2, if there is balance, it is odd no, all even no can be divided by 2, and you can identify the last figure of the no.....blah blah blah.

As usual, this boy give me a blank look, he circled the even no by trial and error. After I have repeated myself for at least 5-6 times, he still couldn't get the answer right! I started to feel irritated. "What's wrong with you???" "Why till today you still can not understand what am I talking??" "#$%@&*^" I started to say vogue words. I poured water on his head, "wake up............" My poor boy finally got the answer all right with tears on his eyes. Then, we went on to prepare English spelling for tomorrow.

Before he went to bed, he said to himself, "you scolded me, but it is for my own good...."
Then I went to bed pretending nothing has happened. The next day, I hugged him immediately when he woke up, and I apologise to him. " Forgive me, son for I use water to pour on you, OK......" He noded his head with a smile.

Today, when I came home, he asked me, " can you help me to print out this picture for my friend Ho Wei?" he pointed to the picture of longhouse in Sarawak, this is for the social studies project. I immediately respond, "I help you to do homework is enough, why you give me extra job???" "Furthermore, printing pictures need inks, the inks need money?" He begged "I only asking for one picture? I have promised him. I will not promise any other person OK." "You teach me how to print it, I will print it myself."

I finally printed the picture for him. On second thought, he is such a kind and wonderful boy.

No comments: